Having been involved in the completion of more than 4 000 projects during his career, Doug Parker's results can speak for themselves.
Below is a synopsis of some of the projects covered during his time with DPA:
- Hypothesis development, concept testing and market evaluation for the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront (Retail, Services and Residential Components). An annual tracking study is conducted with a large sample representative of visitors to the V&A Waterfront.
- Evaluation of strategic options and potential of Cape Town CBD for retail and offices.
- Market segmentation and tracking studies for retail chains in the grocery, fashion and durable goods markets.
- Survey on Travel Patterns of Domestic Tourists for Western Cape Tourism Board. This study was carried out with a large national sample representative of the total population.
- Feasibility studies for Casinos and Golf Estates in the Western Cape, Eastern Cape, Northern Cape, KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng, as well as the Two Oceans Aquarium and the tourism potential at SALT (South African Large Telescope) in Sutherland. These studies required inter alia the measurement of tourism inflows together with the attitude of domestic tourists towards these facilities.
- Feasibility studies for most major shopping centres in the Republic of South Africa since 1980, including: Tygervalley, Blue Route, Westgate, Northgate, Southgate, Fourways Mall, East Rand Mall, Westville Pavilion, N1 City, Somerset Mall, GatewayTheatre of Shopping etc.
- National store location strategy and development programme for 46 top retail chains, including : Ackermans, Woolworths, Edgars, Shoprite, Pep Stores, Checkers Hyper, Pick 'n Pay, Makro, Queenspark, Tiger Wheels, Milky Lane, Game, Builders Warehouse, African Bank, etc.
- Optimum land use studies for the Village Walk/Balalaika complex, Springfield Flats and Milnerton Racecourse.
- Integration strategy for Shoprite on the purchase of Checkers and also OK Bazaars.
- Off-shore projects in the Middle East, the Indian Ocean Islands, New Zealand, Mauritius and over 25 African countries..
- Brand Evaluation and positioning strategies for the Massmart Group.